February 02, 2009

Rant and Rave - The Importance of Being Honest


I will write one short post about this crazy day and then I will leave this bad attitude behind and post Martini Monday!  Here goes...

Today was surely a Monday.  Work was crazy, my head has hurt for the last three days, I came home to a massacre (black cat hair EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and something happened in the blog world today.  I won't say exactly what because it really is not that big of a deal...I just feel like a BLOG FAILURE.  I should just forget about it and move on.  This will NOT change my love for blogging...

A lot of people ask me why I blog and the answer is simple - I started this blog to serve as a timeline of sorts for my life with Drew.  You can check it out here.  I wanted to write about things we did together, with our families, with our friends.  I wanted to write about things that make me laugh and make me happy in hopes that I might make somebody else laugh in the process.  I have never been afraid to embarrass myself in order to get a laugh.  It is so easy to get caught up in getting the most comments or the most followers, but in all honesty we all blog because it hits us in different ways.  Who cares why I blog??  I blog for whoever wants to read something fun - the blogs I love the most are those who let it all out, who are honest, who are funny, who are REAL!  

My only real reason for writing this post is to put this out there - if you don't like what I write, and you think my life is "petty," than please no longer waste your time reading this blog.  I have wonderful friends and blog friends who DO enjoy reading some of what I write.  

To tell you the truth, even if no one read this blog, I would still continue to write and I would still continue to enjoy the fabulous blogs that I have found.  One crazy-ass comment isn't going to get me down.  I love my fellow bloggers!!

XOXO

18 comments:

the ghost overground said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the ghost overground said...

I love you and your blog!

Mommy In Pink said...

awww...did someone leave you a nasty comment?

I love your blog and I'll continue to read it..keep up the good work..i love honest and real blogs too!

Em said...

I love your blog! and YOU love your blog.... and that's all that matters! Keep it up... so you can keep me entertained! :o)

the ghost overground said...

What happened?

Megan said...

aww no! well I just found your blog and LOVE it :) I can't remember if I left a comment yesterday to tell you, I'm such a spaz. Keep em' coming!

Darci White said...

some people are just so lame. your blog is fun and cute.....and i'm sure it's fun for YOU!

and seriously, why would you even leave a negative comment? if you don't like it, why would you read the blog?

i think you AND your blog are just lovely.

Darci White said...

good point about the food category....however, this is yummy. not at all like the smell of a semi-gross sugar cookie throughout your house.

it's one of my favorite candles. are you guys in sugar land or am i making that up? i thought i read that awhile back.

Am said...

And we love you! Hope tomorrow is much much better!

5th Belle Avenue said...

You and your blog are AMAZING. Enough said!!! You have such a great perspective on everything - I'm so glad you won't let whatever happened get you down. I love your blog!! Keep writing!!

salwa said...

Guess that's just a risk we take by posting stuff for the world at large to see. Good for you for writing for yourself...and for us that do read and enjoy your blog :)

PreppyGirl said...

My thoughts exactly! I love your blog, don't listen to the haters!

Jules said...

Just stumbled upon your blog from pocket full of pink and wanted to say that I love it! Can wait to read more.

Anonymous said...

People can be total meanies, ignore them! I'm glad to be reading your blog and appreciate your thoughts!

Erica said...

WELL SAID HONEY!

Too Many Brain Tabs said...

Amen! Write because you love to write, or because you want to document your life, or for whatever reason you darn well please. It's YOUR blog! I think it's great, so forget whatever some lame-o said to try to discourage you. :-)

Carissa Thilgen said...

aw, don't let one bad commenter get you down! I love your blog and I just started reading. I am new to the blog world so I haven't had a nasty comment yet (knock on wood! ha) but I know if I got one I would be upset too. but just brush it off and keep on going. like you said, you really write this blog for you, not to please others.

p.s. I also had a crazy Monday... I posted about it yesterday! Mondays are just trouble :)

Lulu said...

I love your blog! Keep it up!
xoxo,
Lulu