February 12, 2009

My Sweet Thing



My sweet friend over at Pocket Full of Pink started a wonderful "Love Scrap"  - basically it calls for all bloggy ladies to tell the story of your personal love story.  So, without further ado, here is my real-life love story!  

I married the absolute love of my life on November 10, 2007 - I still get tears in my eyes thinking of that day!  I had waited my entire life to really fall in love with someone...we all have those young relationships but they do not compare to the day you come to know the real thing. 

It was my Junior year at Texas A&M (whoop!!) and I was living in the most fabulous "dorm" you can imagine thanks to the generosity of my mama - let's just say it was hardly a dorm, it was a luxury vacation for a year.  Maybe that is why my grades weren't so wonderful at the time!  Anyway, I remember when I first saw Drew P.  I was at the pool with my BEST friend and he was there with his friends.  He happened to be rocking the shaggy hair style at the time and had been swimming underwater and came up next to our group unknowingly and with his hair all in his face.  I laughed and told him he looked like a Beatle (Love is All You Need)!  haha - still makes me laugh!  That is when it all started...to make this shorter and half-way readable we were never apart after that and I knew from that day on that no one else could ever make me as happy as he did and still does!

THE PROPOSAL:

I had just gotten back from a ski trip with Drew's family and something strange was happening.  Everyone seemed to be overly busy and Drew was agitated and I thought for sure someone was mad at me or somebody else...little did I know.  

That night Drew took me to a wonderful restaurant on Main Street in Grapevine, TX...it was January 3rd and the street was still beautifully decorated from Christmas.  The restaurant was within walking distance and on the way home we stopped in a little white gazebo all lit up with tiny white lights - I wondered if he was going to propose but no, we kept walking after that. (Can you tell I was in anticipation??) 

When we finally got home, I noticed everyone was gone - the only light I saw was candle light.  Drew led me to the parlor in his parents' beautiful home and I couldn't believe what I saw!  The ENTIRE room was decorated with Stargazers (my all time favorite flower) and TONS of candles.

Here is another weird fact about me: I had always wanted to have a "balloon drop" at some random occurrence...boy, did I get one!  When I looked up, there was tons of pink tulle holding white balloons - a pink bow was holding it all together.  Drew reached up and pulled the bow loose and all of the balloons fell except for one which had THE RING tied to it!  The rest is history!  He is and will always be my best friend!

A picture that Drew P painted for me - it was hanging in the parlor.  



The balloons before they fell (Thanks Ellie for the picture)



The last remaining balloon with the ring!


He is my Sweet Thing!  If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged!  It is perfect for Valentine's Day and if you end up doing this let us know by leaving a comment so we can get filled in on YOUR love story!

OK...I promise that this is the end of my lovey dovey writing...Happy Thursday!

13 comments:

capperson said...

Aww I so want this one day..with my Mr. Right.

Living for the Little Moments said...

That is such a creative proposal!

Liana said...

seriously such a cute story, i love that went all through to plans evertyhing with his painting and balloons :)

d.a.r. said...

How sweet!!! Thanks for sharing!

Ashley Paige said...

what a great story! thanks so much for sharing <3 !!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love this! It made me feel warm and fuzzy!

5th Belle Avenue said...

AH, best story!!! Thank you SO much for sharing. You two are so cute and he gets MAJOR brownie points for creativity. And my, what a great artist!! I hope ya'll have an amazing weekend and dinner at home!

Em said...

I love it! and Mr. P is an incredible artist!

TexanCouture said...

That story is so sweet & I love the painting, I left you something on my blog!

Carissa Thilgen said...

aww, how romantic! you are one lucky girl! I think that is the first time I have heard of a "balloon drop" proposal :) it sounds like it was really special. And Drew P is one talented artist-- that rose painting is amazing!

Legal Preppy said...

oh, that is the most romantic and adorable story!

The France Family said...

What a romantic story!!! Beautiful!!

little erin said...

love how he planned the proposal. he put such thought into it! nothing better than that!