February 10, 2009

Summer on the Brain


I cannot wait for summer to get here - I like it to be hot, hot, hot outside! As I mentioned yesterday, I have already begun my search for this year's swimsuit additions.  I don't really need any new bathing suits but that won't stop me from picking up just a few more...  :)

Bathing suit season can be scary but this year I feel a little more prepared thanks to Weight Watchers!  I am still about 5 pounds from my goal weight but that is very attainable given that it is only February and I have been losing about 1.5 - 2 pounds per week.  I might readjust my goal weight when I get there but it feels so good not to be so worried about the damn bathing suit. 

While continuing my online shopping due to an extreme cold or whatever it is, I have been fixated on a few little suits from VS - now if I could just have the body to match!


I love this one - patterned tops with basic bottoms = fabulous!



Here it is in *pink*!



I have always loved little black bikinis - it's like summer's version of the little black dress!  I have yet to actually buy one, but this year it's on!



Ahhhh, love them!  I can't wait to actually order them.  Every year my friends and I go float the river and we always have extreme fun.  I take that back - last year was fun but I ended up taking a small "nap" for four hours during the best part of the evening.  Someone thought it would be hilarious to bring a bag, yes a bag, of Franzia along for the river float - the goal was to pass the bag o' wine around and everyone would share it every now and then.  Every now and then turned into me holding the bag for my own, hence the four hour "nap."  Oh, the embarrassment!  Haha!

What else is on my summer list?  St. Tropez of course!  This is the best self tanner ever - I can't get in the sun and bake myself like I used to!!  You should try it...



Cheers to a HOT and FABULOUS summer!!

XOXO


10 comments:

Kelli said...

I LOVE VS swimsuits!! Right before we went on our honeymoon to Maui I ordered 4! They are the best :) especially when they go on sale! Those that you picked out are super super cute!

Anonymous said...

I would trade in my Mom for the abs on the first girl!!! Does that make me a bad person? Okay, maybe I would just trade in my Dad. :)

Unknown said...

I love little black bikinis! So much that I have a hard time wearing anything else, even though there are so many cute prints and patterns out there. Your picks are cute!

Jamie said...

I have been looking for a good self-tanner for years now with no luck of finding one that doesn't have that 'just walked out of the tanning booth' smell. If only this post had come two days ago! ... I just bought a lotion from Bath & Body Works. Fortunately, I'm loving it and it smells more like a nice sunscreen which I actually don't mind. Now I'm dying to try this one!

Adorable swimsuits, too! I look forward to the VS swim line every year :)

TexanCouture said...

I love the first one, I was looking for a swimsuit in that turq color, that one is perfect!

Liana said...

i love the black one! its super flattering on and you can tie the top straps behind for just plain bandeau! plus you could mix and match :)

Running In Stilettos said...

Thanks for the tip on the great self-tanner! I used to be a sun baby, until I got melanoma. In fact, I just got done with my annual appt at MD Anderson...which is why I am back in Houston! Ugghhhh...I'd give anything to roast in the sun like I used to!

Amber said...

I love my black bikini...it looks fabulous on even if I'm gettin a little soft in the middle...how does the St Tropez stuff work? I did self tanner once and had streaks and was orange :)

Darci White said...

I just wish that my body was in bikini shape! That's my goal for this summer......we have an awesome trip planned to Florida and are staying on the beach for a week.

I need to start eating better asap. :(

I also need to try that self tanner!

Legal Preppy said...

great choices! i love the black bikini because its so classic