February 02, 2009

Martini Monday!!

Man, I need a martini after my last post!  Zowie!  Today I picked two off-the-wall martinis since I am in an off-the-wall mood.  The first one is the Mexican Martini and it is a far cry from your normal everyday martini mixer.  In fact, it has zero vodka and a pretty darn good amount of tequila.  There is a restaurant in Austin, Texas (ATX=fun) called Trudy's and they are famous for their Mexican Martinis.  They go a little something like this...

*2 ounces of tequila (more if your name is Ashley, Jennifer or Kelly)  ;)
*1-2 ounces cointreau 
*1-2 ounces Sprite or sweet and sour
*1 ounce OJ
*another sprinkle of tequila and some lime juice
(feel free to throw in the olives but I happen to DESPISE them)  Yum...can you tell I like tequila?






The second pick is the Peach Kiss Martini - I have only had this one one time but it was very delicious.  This one has Absolute Mandarin vodka, peach schnapps and a little splash of either grenadine or cranberry juice.  I opt for grenadine any day!




Let me know if you ever try any of the Martini Monday picks - I would love to hear which ones you like best!  I already have next week's pick in my brain for Valentine's Day!  It is fab fo sho!

XOXO

8 comments:

Jules said...

The peach martini looks delicious!

Caitlyn said...

Ahh your martini monday posts make me wish that my 21st isn't still 4 months away!

jlc said...

Wow I could totally use one of those right now!!

Mrs. D said...

I'm not sure what part of TX you live in but if you are ever in Ft. Worth, you HAVE to go to 8.0 Restaurant & Bar downtown. Their martinis are the best I have ever had! My favorite is the Birthday Cake martini and now I really want one! haha.. your martini monday posts are going to be torture for me! Here's the website so you can check out the martini list. They have a pretty good variety I think. :)

http://www.eightobar.com/page.php?s=drink_menu

Lindsey said...

The peach kiss looks delish!!!

d.a.r. said...

Oh yum the peach one looks delish! I love martinis! Dirty Martinis. Lemon Drops, peach...oh yum!

Amanda Joy said...

Hey Ashley, I changed the name of my blog, so you may need to add me again. The old link "Spilling It... Blog Style" doesn't work anymore. Figured I'd keep you updated! :)

http://20timesaladyspillingit.blogspot.com/

Nicoolmama said...

Yummy! The peach kiss martini sounds SO good! Too bad I am preggo and can't consume it...

Sorry about your headache- I get them frequently and they are NO FUN!
Complete quiet works for me- no tv, no music, no kids screaming( I always have to enlist my husband's help for the last one).
Good luck!!!