July 01, 2008

LaFreak??

3 Joys
1) My sweet Drew…the absolute love of my life!
2) Family-time. Even as crazy as it can be, you have to love it.
3) Animals…so weird but I love them! I am a loser.

3 Fears (I have way more than 3...)
1) Losing my husband.
2) Money…I think everyone worries about this sometimes.
3) For some reason, I am afraid of driving lately. How lame am I? Hopefully this is one of my “phases” that I go through. At least it better be or I can’t go to work and make money for reason #2…this is the paranoid cycle my mind works in. :)

3 Goals
1) Find a Bible Study group that fits with Drew and I. It would be so nice to find a “young married’s” group that is a little more modern yet still includes good values and teachings. Let me know if anyone knows of some good churches in the Houston area. We are still looking for a church home!
2) Keep up my improved eating habits that I have had recently. It is amazing what water and decent food can do! Who would have thought? ;)
3) Do a little more decorating for the house. I am not much of an interior designer but I think I can come up with something!

3 Obsessions
1) Blogging: I love to read everyone’s blogs! It is such a cool way to keep in touch with friends and family. I also get a little addicted to changing my blog layout all the time…I can’t decide on just one so I change them constantly! I have vowed to keep the current look for at least a few weeks.
2) I like cooking new things. I am proud to say that most of the things I have attempted to cook lately have turned out rather well! I am lucky to have had such generous friends and family that gave Drew and I our endless kitchen supplies!
3) Good smelling laundry…I have searched far and wide to come up with the best detergent and fabric softener combo. Go ahead and laugh…but you too should appreciate a good smelling piece of laundry. I must have 4 or 5 bottles of laundry soap at home, 2 of which I will no longer use because I despise the smell. Oh well, at least I gave them a fair shot!

3 Random Facts
1) It is much easier to write Porter than Loprete. It is also much easier to get people to understand how to pronounce my last name now that it has changed. I knew “Loprete” had to go when someone called my work phone and asked for Ashley LaFreak.
2) I would eat marshmallows all day and night. I have always loved them and really can’t tell you why.
3) I once was addicted to the musical stylings of Hanson. My childhood best friend always allowed me to blast their CD every chance I got, and only recently did she tell me that she secretly hated them! HAHAHA…it still kills me.

3 comments:

Harris Family said...

Wow, some of your answers are almost identical to what I would have said.

I love to hang out with my crazy family, love laundry that smells good, always have had a fear of losing my husband.

Have you tried River Pointe in Sugar Land? We loved it but have switched to 2nd Baptist because it's closer. They have a young&married group which might be perfect for the Porters.

Have a wonderful 4th of July!

Anonymous said...

1. Hanson is amazing mmm kay (bop)

2. I laughed so hard when I read the LaFreak story I almost choked!!

ummm excuse me can I please speak to Ashley LaFreak? Seriously?! People are strange!!

Darci White said...

I am so with you on the driving thing!


I am terrified of being in a bad car wreck (that sounds awful, I know). But really, I am. And I get so pissed when stupid drivers put others at risk!

I've always been this way though? Kind of weird. Oh well, I suppose there are weirder things, right? ;-)