July 07, 2008

Jam Packed Weekend


Ok, so I have a confession to make. I am a rollerblader. I have done this ever since I can remember and don’t really have a good excuse for it. I could come up with some excuses if I had to like:

I broke my shin once and running/walking/jogging hurts too much

It is actually really good for your butt and thighs

It used to be cool (in the early ‘90’s)

All these excuses still don’t make up for the fact that rollerblading is lame, but I just can’t help myself. I can even convince Drew to go with me sometimes and yes, we both have a pair of rollerblades (I think he does this just to make me happy). It makes me laugh just thinking about what we must look like. Our most recent outing was on the morning of July 4th. I had it in my head that I was going to forego the diet and eat some good stuff that day so in turn, I needed to exercise. This particular morning was rainy and overcast but a break in the clouds came so I figured it was safe to venture out. Drew and I took off through the neighborhood and not until we were many miles away from home did it decide to start raining. It sprinkled for about 7.89 seconds and then it began to pour! Not only was I getting drenched, I had convinced myself that rollerblades are not all-weather vehicles and that I would surely wipe-out and possibly take Drew down with me. The ride (or roll) home was much less fun since I had to concentrate on what I was doing…all we could do was laugh as we must have looked like the biggest losers on earth…but as soon as we got home, I realized what a blast we had just had. I live for moments like that!

The rest of the day we went to my mom’s to hang out with the family for July 4th. The rain continued for most of the day so we didn’t get to swim or barbecue like we had planned but we had fun anyway. After dinner, we got ready to go watch fireworks and we were all so excited that we ended up arriving at the Country Club about an hour and a half before it was even dark. The fireworks were great and when they were over, we hurried home to shoot off our own since earlier in the day we had all gone to the firework stand to pick out our artillery. We decided on a jumbo assortment pack which had mostly silly stuff in it but there were some good ones too.

On Saturday, we headed out on the town to do a little furniture shopping. We probably went to 50 stores and found nothing but I have decided it’s because we didn’t go to Pottery Barn which is my favorite. We did end up finding a new end table and lamp so I was happy about that. (I never thought I would be the type to act crazy over a piece of furniture, but I proved myself wrong).

Sunday we tried a new church that was suggested by a wonderful blog friend. We loved it and can’t wait to go again. It was pretty contemporary but had great music and a great message. It seems like there are a lot of people our age so that is definitely something to be excited about.

Drew started his new job and I can’t wait to hear how it went…I am still VERY proud of him! His birthday trip is coming up this weekend and I can’t wait to see our friends and get to have a little extra fun. I am already contemplating whether or not we are too old to have birthday parties but I don’t care…we are still young enough in my eyes!

That was long…I have just been so thankful for everything in my life lately. God is so good! I hope all of you have a fantastic day and I will see some of you soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Harris Family said...

Hey Ashley, did yall try River Point? We have decided to trade off going to RPC and Grace Methodist out here since it's close, we will go to River Point once a month.

Maybe we will see you there?

Glad to see yall had a wonderful 4th. Have a great week!

Harris Family said...

P.S. Second Baptist is great but we LOVE River Point. Don't you think their worship ministry is amazing?!

One of the lead singers is Ben Howard's sister in law, Cherie Howard. She probably should go into the pro. music industry, her voice is beautiful!

Ok, that's enough for now. Oh and happy early birthday, drew. eventhough i don't "know you", i know you hearing so much from your lovely wife.