June 29, 2008

Visions of Things to Come...

I am excited because we have some really fun stuff coming up that I can't wait for. We have about three weekends in a row of pure fun so I am hoping that the working part of life in between flies by.
#1. Fourth of July!
I love this strange holiday. Not to take anything away from the significance of the actual day, but it seems like an excuse to hang out by the pool for yet another day which is fine by me. Not to mention the great food and fireworks...I know I'm almost 25 but I still love fireworks.
#2. Drew P's Birthday!
Drew's 25th birthday is just around the corner. I am almost as excited as if it were my own...I love when he has days that are all about him. He deserves it once in a while! We decided to make a weekend trip to Austin with some of our friends so it should be a ton of fun. I am still thinking of what I will get him for his birthday gift...I have a few ideas!
#3. Trip to Grapevine!
Drew and I will be headed to Grapevine the next weekend to visit his family. We haven't seen them in quite a while so we are really excited about it. I think we are going out on the lake and having a barbecue so this will only add to the summer fun factor.
I feel so blessed to be able to do all of these fun things. It is so important to appreciate the small things in life even though it is so easy to overlook them. I am guilty of this myself and I am constantly trying to take time out to really look around and experience every aspect of life. I am even more blessed that I get to experience life with Drew by my side...he makes life so much better than I could have imagined.
Have a great Sunday evening!




No comments: