July 22, 2008

Overload


I have some catching up to do with my blog/blog readers! I usually check everyone’s posts quite often but have gotten overly busy lately and have been a bit of a blog slacker. My mind and heart have been on emotional overload lately…it is hard sometimes being a young, newly married couple. I can honestly say that I fall in love with Drew more and more every day, but sometimes life’s everyday stresses take away my focus and it becomes difficult to be the person/wife I want to be. I find our relationship so refreshing; it is what keeps me going when I lose focus on the wonderful things in life and start looking more closely at the not so wonderful. Money shouldn’t be such a stressor but it is and I wish we could just all win the lottery and spend our lives doing what we want…spending time with our husbands/wives, our kids, our families and friends. I think I will just do it anyway…I want and need to spend more time with Drew and I think work will just have to compromise with me sometimes, even if the only difference it makes it getting to leave earlier a few nights a week. Even still, throughout my entire life, I have been so blessed and continue to be on a daily basis…God is watching over me and I am learning to trust in Him rather than spend hours worrying about things I cannot control. Drew has taught me so much about optimism and faith. I admire his spirit and the way he encourages me…I hope he knows how much he means to me.

On a lighter note, we went to Grapevine this past weekend and had such a fun time. It was so great to see all of Drew’s family and I know that they are one of his greatest blessings. Saturday we went out on the lake and I am proud to say that I was brave and entered the water…anyone who knows me understands that I am a cautious person to say the least, so now I can say that I have swam in a lake, however lame that might make me look in the light of all you adventure seekers out there. My favorite part of the weekend was just getting to relax and have crazy conversations…some of the things we talked about still make me laugh when I think of them. Hopefully, we can go more often.

Anyway, that is about all I have for now but I am sure once my mood lightens and this particular Tuesday is over, I will think of funnier things to talk about. I hope everyone has a great week and if you are in Texas, watch out for the hurricane!

1 comment:

Harris Family said...

Hope you feel UPlifted and refreshed tomorrow. I have days when I feel burdened by things I cannot control either and when I stop and pray, I can let go of it.

Have a blessed week!!