July 17, 2009

Work is no place for an Orgasm (NOT what you think)


I have told ya’ll before about the fabulousness that is NARS blush and lip gloss and I have definitely mentioned before that my favorite shade is called Orgasm. This has never been weird to me in the past because I have never really said it out loud to anyone…I just go into Sephora, pick it up, buy it and wear it! Easy enough…

Well, this morning at work I made my way to the ladies room to grab some paper towels (after spilling my scalding ass coffee all over my desk/papers/pants/work phone) and there was a lady from another department standing in front of the mirror when I walked in. She commented that she liked my blush because it created a dewey look but wasn’t too over the top.

THEN she asked me what it was. Hmmmm….what to say…

So I told her it was made by NARS and that the blush and the lip gloss were the same shade. I went on to say that it is a good color for almost every skin tone and soon realized I was rambling on about it in hopes that it would keep her from asking about the exact shade. I thought I was in the clear.

NOT.

I turned to walk out the door thinking that I was safe, and she quickly asked if I knew the shade. I couldn’t bring myself to say it so I said that I didn’t know but that I had brought my makeup bag and we could go look. I rummaged around half-way hoping that I had left it at home (and deciding if I should just lie and say that I did) but finally I pulled it out and handed it to her to she could look for herself.

ORGASM. She looked at me, smiled and said pretty much nothing.

Cool.
;)

13 comments:

Candice Pair said...

Hahaha I love this!! I LOVE the color orgasm and I've soooo been there before! Theres no good way to say it, so you might as well just lay it out there next time! Too funny!

Rob and Amy said...

I LOVE NARS makeup!!!! Hey have a shade of lipstick (its my my purse right now...) called something Honey..and it's AMAZING for all kinds of shades!!!

GingerSnap said...

Hahah...I think you handled that perfectly! How else do you tell a lady-coworker that you are wearing THAT on your cheeks! :)

Unknown said...

Well played.

LWLH said...

I agree with A HIT, def. well played! :)

Anonymous said...

Cute story!

Mrs. S. said...

Too funny!

Melissa said...

Haha! That's the blush I wear and I also have the gloss! NARS is the best!!

the ghost overground said...

Have you tried SUPER orgasm? It has little flecks of gold glitter. I like to use it on occassion when I am feeling zippy. ha-ha.

the ghost overground said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chanel Fashionista said...

ha ha I feel the same way! I love both of these too!! I just did a post on these too!

In This Wonderful Life said...

haha I've worried about this before!! It is still such a pretty shade :)

Anonymous said...

i use that blush as love it!!!