December 29, 2008

Monday is here so I guess it is back to reality and back to work! I had a fabulous four days away from work so I can’t complain but it always so difficult to peel myself out of the bed and get to work after a holiday. (It is especially hard when my hair refuses to look right, my clothes instantly wrinkle and I don’t have anything to bring for lunch.) Drew and I spent the weekend in Grapevine with his family for another Christmas celebration and had a ton of fun as usual. Everyone in his family is so fun to be around and we shared a lot of laughs which is always a good thing. If there is one thing everyone should know about me by now it is that I LOVE to laugh!

My sister-in-law turned me on to a website that I really want everyone to check out if they get the chance. It is an awesome website where people share how they have overcome struggles in their lives – you will hear from athletes, musicians, actors, you name it. It really is worth looking at if you can! Iamsecond.com

Can you believe it is almost 2009?? What the heck is going on? Sometimes it feels like life gets going way too fast and I wish I could slow it down – but then again it reminds me just how precious every day is. I love spending time with my family and Drew’s family and I treasure every minute with Drew. I hate that feeling that creeps up that makes me think that I am going to run out of time with Drew – but that just makes me appreciate each day that I get with him. I am excited for all that 2009 will bring…every year I tell myself that I am going to set at least five goals for the upcoming year and every year I forget to actually do it. Not this year! Not only am I going to write down five goals, I am going to put them on the blog so that more people will hold me accountable…I am doing it!

Speaking of 2009, Drew and I are lucky enough to be spending New Year’s Eve in Austin this year with some of our best friends! I am so excited and cannot wait until Wednesday night – I promise to take pictures this time since I have am proud to report that I have located both my camera and the charger. This reminds me…I should most definitely incorporate organization into my goals for 2009.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and week – I will be seeing some of you VERY SOON! Yay!

XOXO

No comments: