December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas and a Pink Martini!


I can't believe that Christmas has already come and gone...time flies waaaay too fast!  Christmas was wonderful this year and again, I feel overly blessed.  We went to an AWESOME Christmas Eve church service at RiverPointe on Wednesday - and I really do mean awesome!  They have the best music and we had a really fun time.  My family does things a little differently when it comes to opening presents.  On Christmas Eve we open our stockings - which reminds me that every year we get scratch off lottery tickets and every year I convince myself that I am going to win big.  Soooo...2008 was not my year, maybe 2009!  Anyway, I did end up winning $1 and Drew won $4 but the most hilarious thing ever is that my mom's best friend's son (who is 5 years old) won $2000!  We couldn't get over it...they decided to take a family trip with his winnings.  After our stockings were open, Drew and I headed back to our apartment to gear up for Christmas Day.  I can't believe that we have already spent two Christmases (not sure if that is really a word) as husband and wife - Drew is by far my greatest gift ever and I have never felt more lucky than to have him in my life.  

On Christmas morning, Drew and I opened our gifts to each other.  Out of all he beautiful things he gave me, my favorite has to be my fabulous martini set!  I love martini's of all flavors and of all the kitchen things I have already accumulated, I was missing martini glasses.  Kitchen completed!  I have two favorites that you really should try if you like fruity drinks...both are pretty tangy but I can't get enough of them.  Oh and you have to like vodka!  ;)




Then we headed over to my mom's house for breakfast, mimosas and more gift exchanging...I LOVE more than anything to watch people open gifts - they always look so happy.


So now it is off to Dallas for Christmas with Drew's family.  We are really looking forward to seeing everyone and I know that it will be tons of fun.  I am sure there will be more delicious food which really is the LAST thing I need but hey, my goal is to gain as much weight as possible before New Year's so that when I start getting back in shape it will be far more noticable!  Not really...but it sure is a good excuse!  ;)  

I hope all of you had the most fabulous Christmas and I wish you a wonderful start to 2009!

XOXO

No comments: