September 09, 2008

Disney Lied to Me


Wow! Time flies more than you can believe. I have been such a bad blogger…it has almost been a month since my last post. All of a sudden it is September and I don’t know what to do with myself. For some reason, more than usual, I am very excited for cooler weather. I found myself in Pottery Barn the other day checking out their Halloween stuff which is so unlike me. I have a hard time accepting any Halloween decorations at all anymore but I was so glad to see that Pottery Barn offered something different than the usual skeleton, fake blood and howling monster. In fact, I was at Garden Ridge Pottery as well and they were way ahead of the curve and already offering Christmas décor. Unbelievable!

Well, life for Drew and I has been so wonderful over the past month. I feel like we are getting past some of the early marriage struggles and really getting back to what it is all about. I think for a while there we were both so busy and stressed that we didn’t have a lot of time to really reflect on how blessed we were and how very much we loved each other. I have realized more and more that love, REAL LOVE, is not at all like a Disney movie or The Notebook and I for one, am so thankful for that. If love was that easy and that effortless how would anyone ever know how much they truly loved someone? For me at least, I know I love Drew with all of my heart, every day…but it is the times when that love is tested that I can really feel the power of what God wants love to be. It is bottomless, endless, precious…sometimes it is not easy but it always so very worth it. Drew and I are in a place where we feel really connected and I know we can get through anything that comes our way.

Now to jump to a more fun subject…my best friend, Jennifer, came to Houston this past weekend and we all had such a blast! We spent most of the weekend relaxing and shopping around but it was so good to see her. We laughed about old times and although it made me feel old when I realized those memories were so long ago, I remember all of it like it was yesterday. We ended up trying a new place in Sugar Land called Olive’s Martini Bar…it was awesome! They have upwards of 50 different martinis to choose from and it was a really cool place. You should definitely try it if you are in the area and want to do something a little different.

AND…I am so excited to FINALLY report that my sister-in-law, Ellie, had a beautiful baby boy. Porter Jacob Born arrived yesterday and weighed 9 lbs. 3 oz.!!! I have only seen him via picture through text but I can already tell how wonderfully handsome he is. I am so happy for their family and know that it will be a fabulous and busy time ahead.

Ok, so I’m back on the blog scene. I will do much better going forward, I promise! I haven’t even had a chance to read anyone else’s blogs recently so over the next few days, I have some catching up to do. Hope all of you have a fantastic week!!

No comments: