December 29, 2009

Beauty Picks 2009 - Tell Me Yours!!

Everyone has a favorite beauty product or two (or three, or four, or five hundred) and I want to know what YOURS is!! I picked some of my favorites for 2009 and listed them below and I can’t wait to see what ya’ll pick as the best of the best according to YOU!

*Perfumes*

I couldn’t pick just one as usual, so here are my top two. I just posted the other day about Versace’s Bright Crystal…love it!! My other pick is Lola by Marc Jacobs…need it, go get it.



*Shampoo*

I have said it a thousand times, but I’m just NOT going to spend $1000 on shampoo and conditioner. I have tried them all and although they are nice and smell good and all of that old stuff…they just aren’t THAT much better for me. Hence, the love of my life, Pantene Pro V (so 90’s, I know). I particularly like the new Nature Fusion line, especially the smoothing products. Perfect amount of shine without weighing down your hair.


*??????*

So I know what you might be thinking. Why the $1.00 bottle of Suave conditioner?? Here is why…get rid of your shaving cream NOW!! I have never been a fan of shaving cream in the slightest and let’s face it: anything that lathers is drying to your skin. So toss that old can of shaving cream that you spent $4 or $5 on and go buy a huge bottle of Suave conditioner for your LEGS!! Trust me…this is the smoothest shave you will ever have.


*Foundation Primer*

I never thought primers could actually make that big of a difference but I was dead wrong. Smashbox’s Photo Finish Light is incredible!!! It is oil-free and turns your skin into a silky smooth wonder that is perfection. Your foundation will never look so good! Get it at Sephora.


*Foundation*

Bare Minerals Matte. Enough said. No preservatives, no harsh chemicals, pore minimizing and oil absorbing. The new matte product even has a sifter so no more powder spilling everywhere.


*Blush*

You have probably seen this everywhere…sometimes I get sick of hearing about it myself but it really is amazing. NARS blush in Orgasm (crazy name). The perfect shade for every season, every skin tone with the tiniest amount of shimmer. I’m not talking glitter here so don’t be skerred, I’m talking tiny little luminescent particles that really enhance your skin. Try it along with the matching lip gloss and you won’t be disappointed.


*Eye Shadow*

Can’t get enough of Smashbox. I love their eye shadow trio in Head Shot. They have a ton of other shades but I love this one because it is very natural. Sephora to the rescue again!!


*Mascara*

I have tried every. mascara. imaginable. There are some amazing and super high dollar products out there but I would rather spend my money on clothes, shoes, purses, stuff for the house, nice restaurants…than on a tube of black goop for my eyelashes. Solution? Cover Girl’s Lash Blast Luxe. Super volumizing and does not flake at all. The “luxe” means an added shimmer effect over the original in the orange tube.


So those are a few of my faves...let's hear yours!!!! I can't wait to try some of them!

13 comments:

5th Belle Avenue said...

Loveeee my Tan Towel and Bare Minerals! And LOVE your layout and header pic! GORGEOUS!

Em said...

Bare Minerals foundation for sure. I also like their eye shadow and 'warmth' bronzer. Pantene Blonde Expressions shampoo and conditioner. Palmers coco butter lotion. Burts Bees Lip Balm. Can't live without any of the above! :o)

Mrs. Classic said...

I need new shampoo, can't wait to try Pantene again!
I couldn't live without Bobbie Brown lip gloss (the kind in the squeeze tube). It works better than any chapstick I have ever bought.

Candice Pair said...

I'm gonna have to try those perfumes...I love Chanel Chance! And I agree...love Nars blush and lip gloss in Orgasm and my bare minerals makeup! Ill have to try the face primer...never used it before. OH, and I couldnt live without my Chi!

Jenn said...

What about a concelear? I'm on the hunt for a GOOD one! I've heard Bobbi Brown makes a great one?!?!

Agree with the smashbox! Love all their products! I use there mascara clean (white) stuff for my eye lashes..

Unfortunately I am allergic to barminerals, but still a FAV of mine (from the past) ha!

Jenn said...

Oh and got Lola for Christmas.. LOVE!!!

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

I love all these tips and different options! I have to say I've never had luck with cover girls mascara however I would love to try the Luxe. I usually use Maybeline's Soft & Full. I swear by the conditioner for your legs/shaving trick. LOVE IT (and it always smells way better too). My still fave scent for 2009 is SJP's Covet.

Thank you for the tip about the NARS blush - I've heard nothing but great things and I'm one step closer to purchasing it as well as the Trio of eyeshadow by match box!

So happy I found your blog!

The Hall Family said...

awesome new blog!!!!! great post!!! my favorites come from all over: Zoom Lash from MAC, Primer from MAC, Tea Tree and Mint shampoo in the short, fat, green bottle from Target--this blows my mind, it smells so good!! i also change shampoos about every 3 days, so i have tons lining the rim of the bathtub LOL! i dont use perfume--lavender lotion instead. Cosmedix line of skin care for my lame adult acne. and Its A 10 Miracle Leave-In, which can be ordered from beautydeals.net. THATS ME!! xoxo

Alison said...

Love the list! I'm going to have to try the Pantene shampoo. I use Kerastase and it's SO expensive. I agree that the money would be better spent elsewhere!!! :) Love the new design too!

d.a.r. said...

Ahh! Aside from the perfume, that is my list, too!! I puffy heart Pantene...so much better than the expensive stuff!

Jennifer said...

Suave conditioner as saving cream is the best.thing.ever! I've been using it for years now and will never change to the real thing ever again!

USNchic said...

I agree about the conditioner instead of shaving cream! I read that tip in a magazine years ago. Cheap and oh so smooth!

kanishk said...

Love all their products! I
PPC Advertising India